Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

tiistai 27. tammikuuta 2009

Misleading Dispatch

Jan. 27, 1863 Rebecca Lorraine Richmond wrote in her diary:

... at Hurricane Hospital, near Nashville Mr. Pierce was informed this morning that Thomas died there on the 16th from the effect his wound. It seems that in the dispatch set by George and received on Saturday last, the word "died" was accidentally omitted, thus misleading entirely his friends...
(quote from book by R. Young: Civil War Diary Quilt)

Block 93. Misleading Dispatch

Story behind this block was quite sad... Two days before Rebecca's mood was much more hopeful and cheerful...

You may have notice that I added two new things to my sidebar:
There is a photo of my CDW and how it's going to progress.... AND SURPRISE.... a new BOM...
Gudrun gives us a twelve month pleasure with her BOM...

If I could have 48 hours in a day... Would it be enough???

PS. Our postman delivered me today Tone Finnanger's latest... Tildas Landsted;)))) It's full of sweety summer projects...

3 kommenttia:

Elin kirjoitti...

This is so inspireing! I think you do very well with these blocks. Could you send me a mail and tell me what tecnique you use?

Elin kirjoitti...

An award from me! I love your blog and what you are sewing!

Karen kirjoitti...

Such a pretty block, but a sad story.