Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

tiistai 30. kesäkuuta 2009

Sad Fate

June 30, 1864 Isabella Buchanan Edmondson wrote in her diary

Well, we have managed to exist through another terrible warm day...So did I today... and tomorrow there is again another warm day...
And I managed to sew my next CWD block ( 47) in this really sweaty evening...
My fabrics are...
Mrs. March's Collection by Lecien
Farmyard toile by Benartex
Paula Barnes' Bonnie Blue Basics

...Isabella wrote on

We heard the sad fate of two of our friends in Henderson's Scouts, the Yankees hung them near Moscow, - Mr. Bonner and Lt. McConnell. Oh! This horrible, horrible war- our poor boys are looking for a battle every day
and expect to go in under the black Flag...(quotes from Civil War Diary Quilt book written by R. Youngs)

I'll try to be back soon...
but now I must TRY to go to sleep...
early waking in the morning...

2 kommenttia:

Elin kirjoitti...

Very nice! I'm going to Oslo tonight, visiting Hanne, so my block must wait. Have a nice week!

Penny (Aus) kirjoitti...

I love the block. I know it is hard to sew in the Australian heat somedays. At the moment we are having nice cold days, great for sewing. (and sleeping).