Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

keskiviikko 1. heinäkuuta 2009

Oath of Allegiance

I promised I'll be back soon;)

July 1, 1862
Rachel Young King Andersonwrote in her diary
Well, what next? The whole community is in a state of excitement. The Federal commander has issued the order that all citizens are commanded to take an oath of allegiance to the Federal Government. Those who do not swear are not allowed to follow any business whatever and are prisoners at home.
(quote from CWD quilt book written by R. Youngs)

Rachel's husband took the oath, but she herself did not, so she was a prisoner in her own home during the Civil War.

This was an easy block. Just cut about 4,5 cm stripes and sew together... It was more difficult to choose the fabrics! Blue fabric reminds me now my ex-H, who is sailing somewhere on the Gulf of Finland in this week. So this block I made saddness in my heart... but maybe day after day I'll get the surface again... and back to the normal life...
Sorry, my thoughts are wandering... Where was I? Oh yes,
the fabrics in my block are blue Nancy Gere's Miniatures coll., red Moda's Civil War Anthem coll. and cream Quilt Gate's Mary Rose Coll.

I desided to continue with the easy ones;))) So General Lee and we will meet 0n July 8... block 49!
Warm Hugs to You;)

3 kommenttia:

Penny (Aus) kirjoitti...

Lovely block. Think I will do mine today.

Dolores kirjoitti...

Satu, just keep stitching and blogging.
(Typy)

Doina kirjoitti...

I like the things you have made and show on your blog!