Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

keskiviikko 7. lokakuuta 2009

Greenfield and Stockton

October 7, 1863 Rachel Young King Anderson wrote in her diary

Another stormy excitement is up. Tis reported that 5,000 rebels have taken Greenfield and Stockton. --- Mr. Anderson is at Springfield went to the Government sale and I am so distressed. Night of 7th Mr. Anderson returned from town - bought three C.U.S. horses. The 5,000 rebels has come down to 1,000. They burned the courthouses in Greenfield and Stockton and have gone on I don't know where. --- Reports are conflicting as to where they are or what their aim. Our hearts cry out to God for protection. --- (quote from Civil War Diary Quilt written by R. Youngs)


Block 11. Greenfield and Stockton


The block was EASY... It was much more difficult to choose the pleasing (me) fabrics. Finally I ended up and started to cut 1 1/8" width stripes from these fabrics: grey and red are Bonnie Blue Basics by Paula Barnes and cream is Quilt Gate's Mary Rose Collection.

Hmm... Maybe I should 'hiring some help' for my next... Oh, I have already choosed the fabrics! Ok, That was only a hint for the next block and

I'll sew it tomorrow;)))

Ei kommentteja: