Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

lauantai 17. huhtikuuta 2010

Friday Night Sew-in

"The Official Inspector" had a busy week;)
... to check a quality of fabrics
... to check the strength of the sewing thread
... to check the seamlines etc.

Here he is checking the seams of the JellyRoll Sampler block 4.

It's odd! Why simple piecing can be so difficult! I had a hard work to sew those strips straight... Maybe I wasn't concentrated on enough.

Last night it was more challenges ahead...
piecing A Gardener's Journal block G.

I have always difficulties to sew tiny one inch squares straight together. Although this time I really tried to sew them VERY CAREFULLY. And although I sewed longer than 1 1/2" strips together, cutted them afterwards. Yet there is wonky seams... krr...
The other error was, which I noticed immediately after starting to stitch, that I didn't cut my stitchery fabrics overlarged. When the pieces are stitched they are ALWAYS little smaller than before cutting. I didn't remember that fact at this time..krr! Well, I stretched the piece... and the seams are narrower than 1/4".


Anyway my FIRST A Gardener's Journal block is ready;)

I'll use mainly the Garden Party fabrics from Blackbird Design (MODA). But I wanted more variation... So I searched my stash and found some of the Garden Gate fabrics designed by Ro Gregg - beautiful tiny roses, other flowers and currants. Furthermore there is few fabrics from Lecien, Quilt Gate and Faye Burgos too - more rose and paisley prints.


There is - unawares - some nice fussy cuts on the pieces; one more bird is flying to the bath and some beautiful flowers too.
"The Official Inspector" is proving the work... after all;))
- What a relief! -



I have cutted the fabrics for the other blocks.

I got a good hint from one of the Stitch - A- Long ladies, how you can restore cutted patches.
Thank you, Helen;)


I also traced all five stitcheries for the A block. It's block of the May.

Visit here if you want to join or see what everyone else is up to in the group.

HOPE YOU HAVE A SUNNY STITCHING WEEKEND!

PS. UPDATING GDO! I'm desperately trying to catch you, Girls! I have almost finished the block 4 and started to stitch block 3. A lot of stitching HERE in this weekend;)))

7 kommenttia:

Cattinka kirjoitti...

Good luck in catching up on GDO!
Your other stitchery block looks sooooo nice, and a few wonky seems must be, it is handwork after all!
KATRIN W.

Chookyblue...... kirjoitti...

JR block looks good and your making great progress on the Gardener's Journal

Karen kirjoitti...

Very sweet! Can't wait to see more!!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Love your gardeners journal quilt block. I made mine last year and actually finished it. Yours looks lovely with all those different prints. I love your music on your blog. It is very early here in Australia, and to here your music from far away is nice. Have a good day. Penny.

Robin kirjoitti...

Your first Gardener's Journal block is lovely! I'm glad that you were able to make the stitcheries work out! At least now you'll be ready for next time and know to cut them a little larger to start.

Cubby House Crafts kirjoitti...

I cannot see any wonky seams only a very beautiful block!
Lisa

Heleen kirjoitti...

Your First Gardeners block is beautyful!!! Take your time for the GDO block!! Looks you're a busy girl! Very nice your JRSQAL block.