Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

tiistai 15. helmikuuta 2011

CWD: Confusion and Turmoil

February 15, 1864 Emma wrote in her diary

Oh, how is it possible to write amid this excitement and confusion! We are too off to hear and see much down here in the Campus, but they tell me the streets in town are lined with panic-stricken crowds, trying to escape. All is confusion and turmoil. ---


Block 69. Confusion and Turmoil

May I say...
my worst nightmare came true in this evening...
I even don't know, if that is english...
but I think you know what I mean...
now
I'm regreting, that I didn't foundation pieced this block.
I made tiny mistakes with the measurements of flying geeses...
so the block is almost 1/4" too small...
KRRRR.... but the journey with CWD blocks is...

--- all day the trains have been running, whistles blowing and wagons rattling through the streets. All day we have been listening to the booming of cannon - All day wagons and ambulances have been bringing in the wounded over the muddy streets and through the drizzling rain, with the dark gloomy clouds overhead. --- (both quotes are from the Civil War Diary Quilt / R. Youngs)


... to be continued tomorrow;)

1 kommentti:

Cheryl kirjoitti...

Looks very confusing and full of turmoil!! Sorry it came out small! I hate when that happens to me. Good luck with the next one. Looks easier.