Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

sunnuntai 17. huhtikuuta 2011

The Sewing Room - place of refuge

This weekend I should have been next to the computer and write a study for Tuesday...
but I wasn't mood for it.
Suddenly I got my sewing mood back... Isn't that odd;)

...and started and also finished the second OPAM;)
a shopping bag

Pattern is in the book The Perfect Handmade Bag written by Clare Youngs. It's an interesting book and all the bags are sewn from recycling materials. I used tea-dyed fabric with Marimekko's minipoppies, only the button is recycled.


This week's BOW for
Sylvia's Bride Sampler was
J-6 Puss in the Corner

Nice and easy block
after Death Penalty
.




One of Fixed Stars of April is to catch up Cheryl's 1880's Sampler blocks. After this week I'm only one block behind. Yippii! I'll try to catch up all in the next week. Greetings to you, Cheryl! Your tutorials are great - although the pieces are tiny, the result is always success!

After pink (and dusty) blocks, I need colours!
Easter in my mind I picked up some greens and yellows. Last week I got Twister tools from the Country-Schoolhouse. I have seen many beautiful projects done with them, so I decided, now it's my turn;) It's fascinating, how simple it is making those Twister pinwheels.

SO the sewing room clearly was
my place of refuge this weekend...
But now I MUST concentrate on the study: life and works of Heljä Liukko-Sundström.
She is finnish artist of ceramics.


Happy next week to you all!

3 kommenttia:

TilkkuSatu kirjoitti...

Ihanan pirteät värit tuossa pääsiäisjutussa :))

Cheryl kirjoitti...

Hello to you, Satu. I spent some time sewing this weekend as well. Added another block to my 1880 sampler. Your blocks look wonderful!
You will love the Twister tool!

Simone de Klerk kirjoitti...

Such a lovely shopping bag and easy to take with you!
Love the colors you used for it.

PS: I never thanked you for the lovely Easter card. It is still standing here (o: