Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

maanantai 31. lokakuuta 2011

An Odd Feeling...

... not because of Halloween Night, but because

... they (= SBS blocks) are ALL (= 140) sewn!!!

The trip began...

 
on Saturday 8.11.2008
with C-10 Night & Noon
and ended today 31.10.2011
with K-2 The Friendship Quilt

... it was a huge trip... a lot of up- and downhills!



I wrote short diary notes of every block...

there is details of doing ...

fabrics, problems ...
... about weather ...

and of course happenings of my life ...


 

The blocks were stored in a red folder...

...there is blocks for a one row in a one plasticpocket... but those pockets are now too thick to fit all in the file...



Now I'm going to forget SBS blocks... and concentrate to sewing them together in 2012.

As often happens...

Fenix wanted to inspect the quality of the block

Happy first week of November!!!!
and Boo :o)

9 kommenttia:

Elin kirjoitti...

This is indeed very odd, I remember I had a special feeling myself when I had finished this top, a feeling of sadness...I had put so much energy and tears into this project, as it was my first big project, and made during a difficult period of my life. Odd...

Elin kirjoitti...

Ooops, I forgot to congratulate you on your great finish! Look forward to see it quilted!

Ann-Mari kirjoitti...

Congratulation on a job well done:-)

Dolores kirjoitti...

Big job done and what a great idea to journal your progress.

Simone de Klerk kirjoitti...

Wonderful, Satu. What a big achievement!!! A part of your history is in those blocks now. And I think some of Fenix' too (o:

jofridsquilt kirjoitti...

Congratulations. I have just begun my journy, it is nice to see it finished. Hugs Jofrid

Cheryl kirjoitti...

Congratulations!! Quite an achievement.

Cattinka kirjoitti...

Hi Satu,
you really finished all the blocks, congratulations!
Well done
KATRIN W.

Robin kirjoitti...

Oh, Satu!!! Gorgeous!!!! They all look just amazing. Congratulations!!!