Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

maanantai 18. maaliskuuta 2013

About the Bright

When I 'cleaned' the closets last week I found several UFOs, for example some Mill Girls blocks.
Do you remember last Friday's Bright one?

I started to sew the MG blocks in October 2011 with quilt along group, but as usual my interest didn't last long :o( 
Perhaps October, so close to the end of year, is NOT a good place or time to start a new quilt with a busy schedule... you know, then there is much other projects... at least I'm always dreaming of make many Christmas presents and so on... ;o)

Now I'm going to sew more MG blocks, but I'm not quite sure about the quilt size...

I have now nine blocks (finished block size is 12" x 12")

... with wider (over 2") sashing they are enough for the lap quilt.
But I have cut the pieces for all the blocks (= 20)... and now the bright colors fascinates me...
so how it sounds if I'll sew at least seven more?
4 x 4 blocks is much more bigger lap quilt...

If you are interested in sewing your own Mill Girls quilt you find the pattern for the block HERE. It's funny and quite easy block... and there is plenty of possibilities to play with the fabrics!
Mill Girls pattern is from Jennifer Chiaverini's book called More Elm Creek Quilts.


The 'Summer Bunny' is cross-stitched now. It was also UFO, started few years ago.

The fabric is 16 count = 6 stitches / cm aida. The dimensions are (approx.) 7" x 10" = 18 x 25 cm. The pattern belongs to DMC's Somebunny to love -collection.

I counted it as completed now (OPAM), although I have a plan to add some fabrics to it... and make it into some kind of wall decoration with the pockets... perhaps?
There's many cute details on the pattern...

... bees, butterflies, mouse, little bunny...

Cross-stitch works will not stop there... even those I have dozens of unfinished... 
oh, maybe not so many...

My next cross-stitch project is this small tablecloth with poppies and daisies and grains...


Happy Stitching Week!

8 kommenttia:

quappwurm kirjoitti...

Hi Satu, thanks for your answer and the pictures of the other blocks - loos sooooooo beautiful!! I saved the pattern - a new profect on ma to-do-list! Thanks! ;-)))
Best withes Christiane

quappwurm kirjoitti...

(Bad english, I didn't hit the right letters often - sorry!) Christiane

Cheryl kirjoitti...

It feels so good to finish up UFOs! Good luck.

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

Kivat blokit, joista tulee kaunis kokonaisuus! Tykkään väreistäsi, ovat niin keväisiä/kesäisiä. Ristiinpistojasi en voi muuta kuin ihailla, etenkin itse olen aika töppösormi ja kärsimätön pistohommissa.

Cattinka kirjoitti...

Hi Satu,
I was going to say a lapquilt is a good size, but with consideration that you have already cut so many blocks you should make some more. By the time you have 16 you should know if you want to sew them all. The quilt will be beautiful no matter how big you make it. AND.... your bunny is so cute, glad you finished it.
KATRIN W.

Grit kirjoitti...

This looks great. And your stitching is so cute.

Greetings Grit

Dee kirjoitti...

Beautiful blocks. They'll make a bright, sunny quilt. I really like your cross stitch block. It's been years since I've done one and haven't seen this one before. The bunny looks so adorable. I can't wait to see what you turn it into to!

Yvonne W kirjoitti...

I just LOVE your cross stitch--- it is just so cute and would be lovel framed for a kid's room.