Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

torstai 2. toukokuuta 2013

Rock Around the Clock

Have you ever heard of precious stone called peridot?
I hadn't heard of until yesterday, when I searched for color ideas for my block of the 2013 Aurifil BOM 'Rock Around the Clock' designed by Jackie Kunkel.

Peridot is a gem-like olivine, which color is yellow, to yellow-green or olive-green, to brownish or sometimes  lime-green to emeraldish hue. So I orienteered to the fabric box of green stars...
and I found these fabrics.


Of course I had to find out what kind of power stone qualities it has... 

... peridot opens up new doors, removes the stress, fear and activates personal growth. It also releases old burdens and negative thought patterns.
Hmm... it sounds that I should have it in my pocket...

... but maybe I just admire it in my quilt ;o)

By the way Pat Sloan gives her own tutorial for 'Rock Around the Clock' block here. I cut and sewed the block like she did... but I noticed, that if you cut your HST squares at 4 1/4" x 4 1/4", you will have even more less to trim.

And BY the WAY
 it was very relaxing to visit at Youtube and watch Bill Haley's song!
It's an eternity since the last time I heard that song.

See you soon!!!

4 kommenttia:

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

Kaunis on blokkisi! Sinä huomasit tuon Pat Sloanin tutoriaalin, minä taas tapani mukaan hätäisesti ryhdyin suoraan hommiin. Seuraukset voit lukea blogistani. Kun laitoin kuvan blokistani Flickriin, sain paikan sinun kuvasi vierestä ja huomasin heti, mikä omassa blokissani on vikana. Nyt on siivekkeet korjattu oikein päin. :D

Dolores kirjoitti...

Your piecing is very precise. A great job and I like your colour selections.

Cattinka kirjoitti...

It sounds like a good idea to have one of those stones, and if you don´t have a real one, at least you have a sewed one now.
KATRIN W.

satunNainen Paula kirjoitti...

Ihastuttan keväisiä värisävyjä!!