Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

maanantai 13. tammikuuta 2014

LUS: Cotton Boll

Before I show you this week's Loyal Union Sampler block, I want to show you...

 ... äsh, Fenix!
How did you already get there... only a second is passed, when I put those blocks on the floor...
well, I must wait then...

Yesterday I told you that I won't write about CWD blocks before February, but I can't be not to show...

After Battle of Springfield block I noticed that I have now a good amount of completed blocks.. and I was lucky to find nice sashing fabrics last night... hopefully I calculated right!... and there is enough of them...
If you wonder, why there is two different-colored cornerstones?... It's not a mistake;o) 

TADAA!!!
I have 16 blocks sewed together;o)

When I have sewn Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks together, I have noticed that it's little bit boring to sew all 121 blocks at the same time together... maybe this way even the top of the sampler quilts are sewed... 
some day;o)

Hmm... I must remember THIS during the journey of Loyal Union Sampler...

C-2 Cotton Boll

Psssst! Don't tell this to anyone! I'm not sure, maybe you have already noticed, but there is a new sampler on my blog's sidebar... The Farmer's Wife Sampler... ;o)
Please, don't 'shoot' or shout me! You know me... I'm a sampler-olic!!!

See you!!!

6 kommenttia:

Cattinka kirjoitti...

Fenix and the blocks are a perfect match. That cat is soooo cute!
And your blocks look really nice, you got a big chunk of that quilt made already.
KATRIN W.

Dee kirjoitti...

That's actually a really good idea, to sew groups of them together along the way. That will make it a lot easier to put together at the end. I think I'll have to borrow this idea for my Farmer's Wife blocks, but first I have to make a lot more of them!

Elin kirjoitti...

Very interesting! I love the light sashing, we think alike! And tell you what? On my bed table is The Farmer's wife.... I have been planning to ask you to host a sew along!! What do you think?

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

Nämä sinun projektisi on kyllä ihan uskomattomia! Blokkia pukkaa ja uutta projektia käynnistyy kai joka viikko! Olen aikoja sitten tippunut kärryiltä niiden suhteen, minä vaan ihailen! (Oh, My Starsia en ole unohtanut!)

suzeblack kirjoitti...

You're new blocks are gorgeous, Satu. I love the Farmers Wife quilt too. Have you got any snow there yet? Has been very hot here. Regards, Suze.

Chookyblue...... kirjoitti...

this is coming along well Satu.........you should be very happy with your progress..........